From all the staff here at Seddon-Atkins Ltd we hope that all our customers and their loved ones are keeping safe and well during these unfamiliar difficult times.
As we all start to navigate our way out of the lockdown restrictions we understand and appreciate that our customers will have anxieties about protecting themselves and those around them going forwards. For this reason, we want to provide all our customers with an update on what measures our business has taken to ensure we can safely reopen our doors for business.
Since we temporarily closed the business on Tuesday 24th March 2020, to protect our staff and customers, we have been monitoring all government advice closely. Following the Prime Minsters address on Sunday 10th May, both Kimberley & Wayne have worked extremely hard to make sure all the necessary measures are in place to ensure the business is COVID-19 Secure.
We can confirm that we are COVID-19 Secure as all the necessary measures are now in place to protect our staff, customers and other visitors and are delighted to say that we will be re-opening to the public from Monday 18th May 2020. Whilst initially we will operate using skeleton staff all the team members are very excited – this is the first step to our business getting back on its feet.
Our primary goal when opening our doors on the 18th May 2020 is that of the health and safety of our staff, our customers and other visitors to the business. With the help of our customers, old and new, we are optimistic that our business can survive the uncertain times ahead of us.
Detailed below is a summary of some of the steps we’ve taken to ensure we can maintain our goal and remain COVID-19 Secure:
- We have developed a thorough Workplace Risk Assessment (WRA) and detailed the control measures which will be taken to mitigate the risks associated with the spread of COVID-19. You can download a copy of our WRA document here
- As a result of the WRA we have implemented new rules for all staff; as summarised in the control measurers section of the WRA
- We have introduced dedicated sanitizing stations across the work place for all staff and visitors to use.
- Signage at the rear of the building has been installed to direct all visitors who come to the workplace to report to the main reception area where they will have to sign-in and sanitize their hands.
- Our reception area now displays wall and floor signage instructing all visitors to sanitize their hands and ensure they exercise social distancing measures, where practically possible, at all times.
- We have introduced a procedure around making and taking payments.
- We have implemented new procedures around the collection and delivery of customer vehicles.
To find out more detail about the steps we've taken; you can download our 'Preventative steps taken' document hereFinally, we would like to express sincere thanks to customers for their continued support during these uncertain times. As always, if you have questions or need some advice on being secure and safe during this period, please contact us